Female Airline Leaders Share Their Perspectives on the State of the Aviation Industry
As featured on MRO Business Today.
The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the aviation industry's rate of change. Airlines and adjacent organizations are adopting new technologies and improving their processes, which puts them on course for a more efficient and profitable future.
However, one area where the aviation industry is still looking to improve is the diversification of its workforce. Although some progress has been made, there is still a lot to be done to ensure a rich, dynamic, and inclusive workforce
This study showcases some of the best leaders in the aviation industry and explores their take on the state of the industry, their personal experiences, and what the future holds for aviation:
- Grace Regillo, Senior Director, Strategic Procurement – ACM and Technical Services at Air Canada
- Soudeh Mansourian, Managing Director, HR Services - Employee Experience & Insights at United Airlines
- Liliana Bocanegra is the Technical Procurement Director at Avianca
- Maria Azcue, Head of Transformation at Aer Lingus
- Lehua Torres, Director of Material Management at Hawaiian Airlines
This qualitative study using semi-structured qualitative interviews covers the following topics:
- Diversity and inclusion
- The importance of mentorship
- The effects of the Covid pandemic
- The challenges and rewards of the aviation industry
- Technology and digitalization
- The future outlook of the industry
The purpose of this freshly released study is to celebrate the success of women in aviation, share their stories, and encourage more young women to choose this career path now that there are more opportunities possible than ever before.
“Aspiring young women have an opportunity in today's world where many doors are already open. My only advice is to take those opportunities,” said Regillo. "There's more choice for women, and it's great to see. I wish that there are young women that get that message to take up those opportunities.”
This study showcases some of the best leaders in the aviation industry and explores their take on the state of the industry, their personal experiences, and what the future holds for aviation.